by Michael Del Prete | AZREIA
If you try to do something great, you’ll inevitably encounter obstacles. The more obstacles you meet, the more difficult it is to keep your motivation at a high level. In these moments, you need techniques to fuel your motivation engine. Here are eight simple ways you can supercharge your motivation:
- Focus on the things you can control. The more you focus on things out of your control, the less motivated you’ll feel. When you focus completely on things you can control, you’ll realize that you can quickly and easily change your situation. Every day, focus on the things right in front of you. Don’t waste your time or energy on things out of your control.
- Constantly remember your purpose. Why are you pursuing a goal or dream in the first place? What is the big, audacious purpose that motivated you to embark on the journey? More time with your family? More money? Flipping houses? To keep your motivation high, constantly keep your purpose in front of you.
- Celebrate the small wins. It’s important to keep the big picture in front of you, but it’s also crucial to celebrate the small wins. Remember, you climb a ladder one rung at a time. You’re reaching your goal one step at a time. Celebrating the small wins will allow you to see the progress you’re making and increase your motivation levels.
- Act first, feel later. One of the best ways to get your motivational juices flowing is to simply take action. If your goal is to read fifty books in one year, sit down and read a book for five minutes. If your goal is to flip five houses, go analyze and write five offers. It’s common for motivation to follow action. Once you take the first step, you’ll feel motivated to keep going.
- Do visualization exercises. By visualizing your goal, you bring the future into the present. As you visualize your dream business and all the benefits it will bring, you’ll feel your present motivation skyrocketing. As you think about what it will be like to double your income, the obstacles you’re facing will melt into the background.
- Break your big goal into small goals. Depending on your ability to focus, it might be necessary to break up the goal into segments that last anywhere from one week to 12 weeks. This way your brain can experience success and logically see a positive long-term outcome. You’ll procrastinate if the path looks too challenging.
- Repeat affirmations daily. Affirmations help you believe that you’re going to achieve your goal. When you’re feeling overwhelmed, burned out, or low on motivation, saying things like, “I AM on my way to financial freedom,” can help you keep going.
- Surround yourself with people who motivate you. One of the most effective ways to boost your motivation is to truly surround yourself with other people who are motivated. If you’re building a business, spend time with other passionate entrepreneurs. If you’re working toward buying rental properties, attend meetings where landlords hang out together. You need encouragement and support as you pursue your goals.
These ideas may be simple, but they’re profound. The sooner you put these to work in your own life, the sooner you will start to see progress.
Michael Del Prete
AZREIA Executive Director